Cooking Time: 8 minutes.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes.
- 225g orecchiette pasta cooked to al dente
- 2 tbsp orange marmalade
- 1 small clove garlic grated or very finely chopped
- 1 tsp finely chopped oregano leaves from 2 sprigs
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 80ml extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 head radicchio (red chicory)
- ½ small red onion chopped
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil add salt and cook the pasta to al dente.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together the orange marmalade garlic oregano mustard and vinegar. Stream the olive oil into the dressing while whisking; season with salt and pepper.
- Pull off 8 of the outer leaves of the radicchio. Form serving cups for the pasta salad from the leaves using 2 leaves to form each bowl. Chop the remaining radicchio.
- Toss the chopped radicchio pasta and chopped onions with the dressing to combine. Serve the pasta in the lettuce bowls.