Cooking Time: 15 mins
Preparation Time : 15 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- About 1/3 cup toasted pine nuts
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 bunch Tuscan kale, stemmed
- Salt and pepper
- Freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- 1/2 cup Pecorino Romano, plus more to pass
- 1 pound linguini
- Place a large pot of water on to boil for the linguini.
- Place the pine nuts, garlic, lemon zest and juice in a food processor and pulse to finely chop. Add the kale in stages and pulse to finely chop. Add some salt, pepper and a few grates of nutmeg. Stream in the EVOO until a thick sauce forms. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the Pecorino.
- Salt the water and cook the pasta to al dente. Add 1 cup starchy pasta water to the pesto just before draining the pasta. Toss the linguini with the pesto to coat, 1 to 2 minutes. Adjust the seasoning and serve with extra cheese to pass at the table.